Summer Peach & Blueberry Cobbler
Hey my fellow slow food and slow lifestyle lovers. It's been a while.
The business and leadership conference I organize is coming up in less than two months, so I've been a busy bee focused on that and haven't had much time to post here recently.
But, I've still been cooking.
No matter how busy I am, I do my best to find the time to prepare meals for myself and my loved ones, even if that means making something simple.
For me, cooking is one of those things that is grounding and provides a sense of ease, especially during periods that are more busy than I'd like them to be.
Today I had a few extra minutes in my day and so thought I'd share this quick peach and blueberry cobbler recipe with you guys.
My favorite thing about cobbler? It's quick and easy to make, and the perfect summer dessert. A total win-win. Also, peaches are my favorite.
Try this cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Sunday, and partaking in activities that allow you to savor the last days of this sweet summer. I know I am.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
2 cups sliced fresh peaches
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup rolled gluten-free or regular oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place peaches and blueberries in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
3. Combine all-purpose flour, coconut sugar, butter, cinnamon, and sea salt in a bowl, mixing with your hands or a pastry cutter until evenly crumbled.
4. Fold oats into flour mixture; sprinkle and press topping into peaches and blueberries.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until topping is lightly browned. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.