Almond & Quinoa Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Is there such a thing as healthy chocolate chip cookies? I think there might just be. Nevertheless, I firmly believe having a chocolate chip cookie (or two) every now and then is quite healthy in and of itself. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
1 cup Bob's Red Mill almond flour
1/3 cup organic quinoa flour
2 tbsp Let's Do Organic coconut flour
1/2 cup Madhava coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 ounces Scharffen Berger bittersweet baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
2 organic eggs, beaten
1/2 cup organic salted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put all dry ingredients into a large bowl; mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs; whisk in the melted butter and vanilla extract.
4. Combine dry and wet ingredients; fold in chocolate pieces.
5. Warm baking pan in the oven for about 30 seconds; grease with butter.
6. Scoop cookies onto baking sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
8. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to complete cooling process.