Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Look no further for a healthy AND delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffin recipe, because it’s right here! If you follow a gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and/or a mostly refined sugar free diet, these guys will be your new best friend. They've certainly become mine over this past week, as I've been enjoying them with my other best friend, peanut butter.
- lightly sweet
- delicately rich
- hot tea
- tall glass of milk
- if you're in the mood for what tastes like a pumpkin edition of a Reese's peanut butter cup, lather these babies with a generous spread of peanut butter. YUM!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: About 40 minutes
Yield: 6 muffins
1/3 cup Farmer's Market pumpkin puree
1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 free range eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup Scharffen Berger semisweet dark chocolate baking chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together wet ingredients in a bowl: pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix together until well combined and batter is smooth.
5. Fold in chocolate chunks.
6. Scoop batter into lined muffin pan.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of muffins comes out clean.
8. Let cool and serve.