Olive Oil & Garlic French Fries
Yes - you can make french fries at home, and you don't need a deep fryer! Next time you're grilling up a burger or another french fry appropriate dish, try accompanying it with these guys. The potatoes are baked, and even more delicious than the ones that come out of the deep fryer at restaurants. But please, see for yourself :)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: About 30 minutes
3-4 russet potatoes, chopped
1/4 cup EVOO
Sea salt + black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes into sticks by chopping into several vertical pieces, and then cutting each piece again.
3. Toss potatoes in a large bowl with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
4. Spread potatoes on a large baking pan lined with foil and some oil so they don’t stick. (Instead of using nonstick spray, I drizzle olive oil on the foil and then smear it around with my hand).
5. Bake 25-30 minutes; flip half way through so they cook evenly on both sides.